Thursday, October 27, 2016

Flannel Friday: Color Squirrels

I think I originally made this because I was desperate for some fall songs and fingerplays. Honestly, it's one of those things I would normally think the kids would not get into. Now every year I have to giggle when I do it because they are completely entranced. We start out by practicing the traditional version of Where Is Thumbkin so they know the actions. Then I pull out the squirrels.


Where is Red Squirrel?
To the tune of: Where is Thumbkin?
Where is red squirrel? Where is red squirrel?

Here I am.
Here I am.

How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you.

Run away. Run away.

(repeat for each color)
When all the squirrels are on the board, I pass out colored acorns and let kids match the nut to the squirrels. Check out my Fall Fun Storytime for more nutty fun.
Wendy at Flannel Board Fun is hosting the round up this week. Find more Flannel Friday on Pinterest and on the Flannel Friday blog.



No comments: