Friday, January 27, 2012

My Friend Sonny

A few props from a novelty store make this a crowd-pleasing audience participation story!









My friend Sonny is very, very funny.
I know that you would love her!
But before you reach out,
Make sure that you doubt,
And check her hand for a buzzer! (hand buzzer)

My friend Sonny is very, very funny.
Look at her lovely flower!
If she asks you to smell it,
Make sure you can tell if,
You are about to take a shower! (spray water)

 My friend Sonny is very, very funny.
But watch out if you sit in her chair.
You might hear a sound,
That will make you frown,
With Sonny you must always beware. (whoopee cushion)

(Hold up "pie". I piled up facial tissue in a pie tin.)

My friend Sonny is very, very funny.
But she’s never thrown a pie in the face.
Jokes should be fun, And not hurt anyone,
That would not be in good taste!

1 comment:

Library Quine said...

This would great rhyme to do for April 1st! I'm off to check my calendar to see if I have one scheduled for then.