Friday, February 17, 2012

Five in the Bed
Someone posted something very similar after a facebook discussion, but here is my version. No felt involved--just a receiving blanket, a few straight pins, and some laminated bears I found lying around. I love the challenge of making use of things that have lost their story!


I pin the blanket to the board at he top corners. I fold the bottom edge up so the blanket is in half. Then I fold that bottom edge back down to meet the fold I created. I secure it at the middle fold. Then the bears get tucked in.

5 comments:

Storytime Fun said...

How fun! I'm glad you found a good place for these happy little bears who lost their story. They are very cute and it looks like they are perfect for the way you folded the blanket. :-)

amanjohn said...

One of my favorites since I was a kid. Love the idea of pinning a blanket to the flannel board.

liz said...

Aww... I love that these guys had lost their story and you found them a new one! Very cute new purpose for these guys - and a receiving blanket? Awesome!

Leah said...

I've always said I like stories and crafts that are 3-D. That's just the way the receiving blanket seems to make this story. Great job repurposing the bears.

Shawn said...

Thanks everyone!