Wednesday, June 1, 2016

In the Sensory Table: Diggin' in the Dirt


This is one of my favorites. It was easy to make and has a lot of play value. We had a large piece of brown felt, so I cut it into strips. At first I had very long pieces (fewer pieces equals less mess), but the long pieces bunched up into one large pile--not much digging satisfaction there. So I cut the strips 12" to 18" long. I made many worms of different lengths and colors--great for sorting and comparing.



A fellow staffer painted some beautiful story stones for us, so I always include some of those. I couldn't have added enough flowers. They decorate every area of our Ready to Read Center right now. I was surprised and delighted to find that the flowers stand up in the dirt. A few pots and tools, and our garden was complete!







No comments: